TMHS 192: You Vs. You – 4 Ways To Create A Strong Fitness Mindset
You’ve probably heard the saying “mind over matter” before… but what the heck does that even mean?
Well, to put it simply… the thoughts and beliefs that we carry determine the actions that we take in our lives. Your mind is strong enough to move the rest of your “matter”, and that’s why your mindset matters so much.
Today you’re going to learn some important decisions that you get to make in determining how your mind (and thus your body) works. It’s You vs. You in the only competition that really counts… the competition for real estate in that beautiful mind of yours! The space in your mind that determines your approach to life is up for grabs, and you get to choose. Will it be an empowering mindset that helps to put more success on automatic in your life? Or will it be a disempowering mindset that holds you back and keeps you from reaching your potential? You and I both know which one you will choose, and it all starts now by pressing play and taking action!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why our psychology is more important that our mechanics.
- How short-term losses can make us give up.
- Why changing your mindset (and actions) happens instantly.
- Why instant gratification can be a killer of success.
- The difference between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset.
- How certain inflammatory words cause many people to retreat.
- Why sameness is one of the biggest obstacles to improving your results.
- What obstacles and turbulence have to do with achieving greatness.
- A quick solution to protect yourself from excuses.
- The difference between self-confidence and others-confidence.
- How to have tenacity in the face of opposition.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Ettitude Organic Bamboo Lyocell Sheets ⇐ Pick yours up here now!
- How To Create Healthy Habits For A Lifetime – The Model Health Show
- 13 Rules Of Health That I Live By – The Model Health Show
- The One Thing with Jay Papasan – The Model Health Show
- How To Move Your DNA with Katy Bowman – The Model Health Show